[RBS] Operation Pillar of Defense - Kol Yisrael Areivim Zeh Bazeh - we need you to help the war effort!

Susan Susan at lemaanachai.org
Thu Nov 15 15:16:58 IST 2012

Unfortunately war has broken out and everyone wants to do what they can to
help - "Mi k'Amcha Yisrael".

The Home Guard has given instructions to the Beit Shemesh Iriyah to not
officially organize hosting/absorption of "refugees" from the South since BS
is almost in the firing range and we need to keep all the available
resources we have in our town for our residents including empty buildings,
centres, professional services, volunteers etc.

Ezrat Achim has set up a nationwide system that will arrange hosting in
towns all over Israel including in BS/RBS for the families who wish to come
here (they say that there aren't many who want to be in BS/RBS).  Anyone who
would like to host or be hosted should call Ezrat Achim at 999-0000.

The Iriya is relying on Lema'an Achai (as well as other non-profit
organizations) to recruit volunteers.   We don't need you right now but
we're busy preparing lists of volunteers who will be available and prepared
when needed (it could be tomorrow!).  We're asking for teenagers and adults,
professionals and non-professionals alike to come offer your services.
We'll need general volunteers as extra hands and specifically teachers,
gananot, psychologists and other therapists especially for trauma, doctors,
first responders, organizational skills, handymen, entertainment for kids
including clowns, magicians, juggling, puppet shows, musicians etc etc etc.

Please call:
Susan at Lema'an Achai - 547-1802 or susan at lemaanachai.org
Eytan Dzikowski - 054-691-1623 or eytan at nerartgallery.com

Susan Hoffman
Chana Pasternak z"l Programs and Volunteers Director
Lema'an Achai
(02)5471802