[RBS] be'er hatikva and our gratitude

Phil'n'Chanie Rosenfelder philnchanie at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 19:00:35 IST 2012

almost every child in rbs participated in an activity, planted
something   or went on a tiyul at "the be'er"

the be'er was discovered , and  the area developed, by Gil Keresanti,
wit hundreds of hours of volunteer activity
to benefit our neighbourhood's youth, as well as special groups from
in and around beit Shemesh

and then, when the project became big enough that the government
agreed to help fund it
the politician stepped in
and gave jobs to their friends

and
kicked out Gil Keresanti

we missed opportunities to perhaps put pressure on the authorities to
ensure that they keep (and maybe even pay?) Gil for all his hard work
now, Gil has given up fighting the city
he is closing his Amuta (not for profit organization) and turning to
other matters.

We , as a community, have some appreciation for all hsi hard work adn
are sorry that he has been booted from his own "baby"

and so, there will be a public "thank you" to Gil,
tomorrow (isru hag)
at 4pm
in front of  city hall

please join us , with your children

in this way, at the very least, we can teach our children to say thank you'=