[RBS] Fw: 4 weeks until the next Greater Beit Shemesh Blood Drive

Yossi Klein kleinyossi at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 09:53:23 IDT 2012

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "dweisblatt at vmware.com" <dweisblatt at vmware.com>
To: list at shemesh.co.il
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 9:27 AM
Subject: 4 weeks until the next Greater Beit Shemesh Blood Drive

Dear Everyone:

T'shuva, T'filah, and Tzedaka have the power to nullify the evil decree. If you think about it, giving blood is certainly a form of Tzedaka - it only "costs" a pint of blood and about 30-45 minutes of your time!!!! (AND you get juice and cookies afterwards!)

Please mark your calendars (if you haven't already)...

DATE: Sunday, October 14, 2012 (Or L'29 Tishrei 5773)
This drive has been on the Community Calendar since June! No excuses!!!

(NOTE that this is the first Sunday after the Chaggim. Blood donations are always low during the Chaggim, and unfortunately, the need for blood is always high. Our drive is very important to helping MDA replenish our precious nation's blood supply!!! Please make every effort to come and donate a pint of life-saving blood.)

TIME: 17:30 to 22:30

PLACE: Beit Knesset Feigenson, Nofei Aviv (downstairs in the Ulam Smachot)

WHO: Healthy adults ages 18 to 65 (17 with a parent's note). Other restrictions apply. For details, see our website at  http://www.shemesh.co.il/bd/index.html.
WHAT TO BRING: Teudat Zehut, Passport, Driver's License

WHAT NOT TO BRING: Please leave your adorable children at home. We don't provide babysitting and a blood donation center can be a dangerous place for small children (especially while their parents are donating blood).
Arrange a babysitter or swap with a neighbor - you can watch their kids while they donate and they'll watch yours while you donate!

RIDES: Rides to/from the drive can be cheerfully arranged. Please contact me if you'd like a ride. Get a group together and we'll bring all of you!! We've provided rides from as close as the Sheinfeld neighborhood and as far as Netiv HaLamed Hey...so far!

FOOD SPONSORS: We don’t have sponsors for this drive. If you’d like to contribute money to help pay for the food/supplies/lite supper for the MDA staff, please let me know. You can dedicate your sponsorship in honor or in memory of a loved one if you like.

As always, if you have ANY questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me. If I don't know the answer, I'll refer you to the nice folks at MDA who do!!

Gmar Chatima Tova L'Kulam! Wishing you a safe, happy, healthy, and peaceful New Year!

Kol Tuv,
Deb Weisblatt (for the Greater Beit Shemesh Blood Drive Committee)