[RBS] What Can One Do About Poor Cell Phone Reception?

palmsandy palmsandy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 14:18:00 IDT 2013

The desk where I work has poor (sometimes no) cell phone reception.
Is there anything I can do about that?

I work in a machson, so reception was never great, but it was usable.
Now it is very bad (for over a month). When I first switched to
CellCom I had terrible reception. After many times on the phone with
them, eventually the reception improved to be good enough. That
lasted for a while (over six months). Now, though, it is barely
usable usable.

I've called CellCom and they do do something (they tell me to turn my
phone off for about 10 minutes and then after a half hour or so there
sometimes is a little improvement) but that eventually deteriorates.
They have a service to redirect calls to a land line, but there is no
land line, so that is not an option. Is there some sort of antenna
booster I can get? If so, where? (I've asked CellCom, but they don't
have.) Are there any other options?

Thanks!