[RBS] Benjamin Children’s Library - Here's how you can help keep it open

The Palmers ypalmer70 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 16:15:06 IDT 2013

As you know, the Benjamin Children’s Library cannot sustain itself on
private donations and needs the Beit shemesh City government to support its
library lending services. This is no more than any other city does for its
residents. All libraries are city- supported.

We expect to meet with the Mayor of Beit Shemesh to discuss this issue
shortly. If the Mayor does not agree to support the library, the library
will close its doors and never again offer any of its services to the
residents of Beit shemesh.

If you would like the Mayor to support the library so that it can continue
to serve you, please tell the Mayor. *He needs to know that you care
because, in this election year, if you care, he cares. Please send the
Mayor an email, fax, letter, or facebook post*  and tell him *why *you will
be outraged if he does not support the Library.* Tell him what the library
means to you.*  (You are encouraged to write your own personal letters in
Hebrew but* I can send you sample letters to use. Send anemail to
bdzuck at netvision.net.il to get samples) Your kids should write their own
letters as well!*

   - *Email* him at mosheab at bshemesh.co.il:
   - *Fax *to : 02-990-9960 (you may use the library fax machine if
   necessary)
   - via *Iriya website* : http://betshemesh.muni.il/?view=contact
   - On *facebook*
   https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/%D7%A2%D7%99%D7%A8%D7%99%D7%99%D7%AA-%D7%91%D7%99%D7%AA-%D7%A9%D7%9E%D7%A9/171310776219215?fref=ts
   - You can hand in a *letter* to the Iriya directly or hand it in to the
   library to deliver.

*CC:*
cc city council members : richardc at bshemesh.co.il (Richard Peres)
                                          meirb at bshemesh.co.il (Meir
Balayish)
                                          shmuelg at bshemesh.co.il (Shmuel
Greenberg)
                                          t.tov.bs at gmail.com  (Eli Friedman)
                                          mankal at bshemesh.co.il
                                          dover at bshemesh.co.il (dover)
                                          arie at bshemesh.co.il (gizbar)

cc the library at benjaminchildrenslibrary at gmail.com

*Include your name and address* so he knows you are a resident of Beit
Shemesh. We encourage you to write your own letter or to use one of the
sample letters we have prepared.

May we win this important challenge!