[RBS] Lamaan Achai 6K Run In RBSA To EXCLUDE Women!!!

yotzma2 yotzma2 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 25 10:07:27 IDT 2013

I got very excited when I saw a posting on facebook today for the Lamaan Achai 6K run right here in RBSA. I know several women, friends and family, who love to run. This being local sounded great - no traveling or logistics to work out. To top it off, raising some money for a wonderful local organization is a great thing. A moment later, however, I was quite saddened to see that the run is for Men and Boys only. To exclude 50% of the residents of our neighborhood from such an exciting event - especially with how important the issue of excluding women is in our local discourse is insensitive at best, but feels more like a step backward in the local struggle to include everyone in communal life.

I personally believe that if this event is not open to everyone, that it needs to be taken out of our neighborhood. It is unacceptable to me that half our community would be excluded from this event.

If you feel the same, I suggest you share your feelings with Lamaan Achai. they canbe contacted online here: https://lemaanachai.org/Home/Contact

Josh
RBSA Resident