[RBS] An "editorial" and a challenge ! Learn IT, not ABOUT it ...

Harry greenspan rabbispan at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 11 01:43:39 IDT 2013

New zman of Skills-oriented Torah study begins Monday morning @ 10:00 AM in Beis Tefilah Yona Avraham ! Based on consensus of those who show up at that time,we will decide whether to devote the shiur to Masechet Megilla ,cover-to-cover, or Kitzur Shulchan Aruch with a similar goal, or to cancel the shiur entirely!     I beg to differ FORCEFULLY with the attitude reflected by some people that as an adult,and a baal-teshuva, the goal of LEARNING-TO-LEARN IS UNATTAINABLE. I have been training intelligent & highly-motivated adults for 30 years to actualize a goal of learning "gemara lashon" in order to become confident & competent in studying Rashi on Chumash,Mishne Berura and Gemara itself--It is a pity that our society is permeated with the attitude that those of us who discovered the beauty of Torah observance as adults will never be able to study serious Torah texts with their Yeshiva-educated children and grand-children ! If you want to be
 introduced to individuals who HAVE done it,contact me. If you wish to learn HOW to do this,please show up on Monday morning--Rabbi H Greenspan  rabbispan at yahoo. com