[RBS] Baking for chayalim

Beverly Chimes beverlychimes at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 11:39:44 IDT 2013

They so appreciated the baked goods last time we went - please let;s see if
we can do it again!! (there were no home baked goods left when we went)

The pinah chama in Gush etzion hosts hundreds of soldiers a day - they come
in get a drink, some cake, barad, have an opportunity to sit down and chill
for a bit or grab some nash and continue on their way.

For years women of the gush have been baking to provide home-baked goods
for the soldiers. Each woman bakes a cake once a month and so the load is
shared.
Summer is a much slower time in terms of getting in baked good. The
pinahchamah has turned to us in Beit Shemesh and asked for our help.

I am going to the pinah chamah on Tuesday this week. If you are able to
bake I would be more than happy to deliver the cakes/cookies.
Please bake only with badatz ingredients, mark if it is parev or milchik
I will be leaving at 9:30am - please deliver the cakes to my home Nahal
Maor 17/1 by then (or we will also be home Monday  night before 10pm)

This is a great activity to do with your kids- younger kids can also make
cards/pictures for the chayalim

Thanks
Beverly
--