[RBS] Request for blood donations on behalf of my father

Natalie Shaw natsshaw at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 13:57:27 IDT 2013

As some of you may know, my father has had a relapse of leukemia, and is
undergoing treatment hopefully leading to a bone marrow transplant.  As
part of the treatment, he is in need of many blood and platelet
transfusions.

We have been asked by the hospital (Hadassah Ein Karem) to find donors in
his name.  This would necessitate a two-stage process - first, a donation
in the usual way (not sure as yet where this would be), and second, if the
donor is found to be appropriate for platelet donation, to donate at
Hadassah, at a time of their choice, a process that would take
approximately two hours.

The criteria for a donor are as follows:

Between ages of 18 and 65
Healthy
Not on medication for blood pressure
Has not donated in the last 3 months
Did not live in the UK between 1980 and 1996.

I know this is a big ask but if anyone is able to help us out we would be
extremely grateful.

If you are able to help, please contact Naomi Barnett on 054 468 4788 or at
naomi.adena.barnett at gmail.com.

Tizku lemitzvot veshenizke laazor besmachot

Natalie Shaw