[RBS] LaBriut-Not Just For Sneezes!!!!

Susan Susan at lemaanachai.org
Sun Dec 22 15:26:20 IST 2013

'Tachlis health-talk' was the focus last week at the second annual Women's
Health Expo, which consisted of two memorable events. It kicked-off at the
Reishit hall at night, and continued the following morning at the RBSa
Matnas.

Initiated and organized by Lema'an Achai and sponsored by Kupat Cholim
Meuchedet, women left the events informed about choosing and living a
healthy life style.

At the morning program, the topics of lectures and workshops included "When
East meets West – the integrative approach to health care", "Vitality –
growing in strength as we grow in years", "Medicinal benefits of essential
oils in the Tanach" and " How to work with your kids to make healthy food
choices".
There were also five exercise classes offered and throughout the morning
health-related vendors had their wares on display and available for sale.

LaBriut, a local health and Wellness Directory advertising Beit Shemesh and
Mateh Yehuda heath services, was distributed.  This directory was initiated
and compiled by volunteers of Lema'an Achai and is being distributed for
free throughout Beit Shemesh, Ramat Beit Shemesh and Mateh Yehuda.

As one speaker said "Lema'an Achai takes care of us if we should ever need
it-leading a healthy lifestyle is one way we can and must take care of
ourselves".

A participant wrote on the BS/RBS List "Kol Hakavod to all the organizers &
presenters at yesterdays Women's Health Expo in RBS. It was truly a quality
event & beautifully executed. Thank you."

At the morning event, the formation of N'shei Lema'an Achai was announced.
At Lema'an Achai our staff and army of volunteers are constantly striving to
improve the lives of our families and the Beit Shemesh community at large.
We have seen time and again that women have tremendous koach to initiate and
organize programs.  We are therefore asking you to consider joining Lema'an
Achai's forces for the benefit of the community.
All women interested in helping with this exciting new venture should please

Susan Hoffman
Chana Pasternak z"l Programs and Volunteers Director
Lema'an Achai
(02)5471802