[RBS] Blood Drive Stats and Thanks

Yossi Klein kleinyossi at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 4 17:16:01 IST 2013

Dear Everyone:

The 38th Greater Beit Shemesh Blood Drive brought in 117 pints of life-saving blood!!! Thanks to EVERYONE who came and donated!!! (Check out the statistics from all the drives - http://www.shemesh.co.il/bd/BloodDriveStatistics.html.) The MDA staff is very thankful...as always!!! Since each pint saves/helps between one and four people, our community just saved/helped between 117 and 468 people! Kol Hakavod L'Kulam!

We had many first-time donors and we're especially proud of their efforts and donations! We also had many groups - parents and their Young Adults, married couples, dating couples, siblings, and friends who came to give together! I'm so glad that the Blood Drive is considered by some to be a quality outing.

A REALLY GIGANTIC THANK YOU TO...

* The people who came and, for whatever reason, couldn't donate. If you can get to MDA in Yerushalyim within the next month to give, that would be great and you'll still be on schedule for the next drive in Beit Shemesh. If you can't get to MDA, we hope you'll try again at the next blood drive.

* Shimon and Amy Solnicawho sponsored the Drive l’illui nishmat Shimon's parents, Rabbi Hershel and Betty Solnica, Z"L. (And thanks to both of them for helping with the clean-up after the Drive!)
* Ruth Posner for her efforts at the Adi table. There was a lot of interest in Adi cards (http:/kartisadi.org.il/eng/merkaz.html) and about becoming an altruistic kidney donor (www.kilya.org.il). People can contact Ruth by email (posnruth at gmail.com) for more information regarding live kidney donations. (Also, thanks to Ruth who helped out at the food tables last night.)
* The guys from Yesodei HaTorah (and Dvarya Katz who helped organize them) and the women from Machon Ma'ayan (and Elisheva Storch who helped organize them) who came to donate. We're happy that you can come and donate blood during your year of learning and we hope to see you at the next drive.

* The Va'ad of Beit Knesset Feigenson for giving us the big, comfortable Ulam Smachot and making sure that it's nice and clean! AND to all of the R/BS Gabaiim who announced the Blood Drive in Shul!!

* All of the families of the Beit Shemesh Blood Drive Committee members and helpers (see below) for always supporting us in our efforts to bring blood donation to Beit Shemesh. You certainly share in this Mitzvah, along with the donors and extra helpers.

* The people who helped with this drive in so many different ways. We have a wonderful committee (see below) who help plan and execute the drives. But for this drive, we had extra people who stepped in and gave a helping hand. They include (in no special order): (I apologize to anyone whom I may have forgotten to mention!!! All of your contributions were very, very important!!!)

    * Setup – Talia Novick, Wendy Serlin

    * Blood Pressure – Aviva Strahl, Elisheva Finkelman, Tehila Kagan, Yehudis Schamroth

    * SMS – Zack Kossowsky

    * MDA Support – Maryon Hamburger

    * Registration – Wendy Serlin, Maryon Hamburger

    * Food Distribution -  Minna Lipner, Rachel Weisblatt

    * Drivers - Atara Klein, Joe Weisblatt, Yvonne Posner, Tzivia Posner

    * Cleanup – Shimon and Amy Solnica

And last but not least, a WHOPPING Thanks to the hard-working Blood Drive committee for all of their work with this drive. I sign the emails, but the Blood Drives are certainly not a one-woman effort. The committee members help with setup and cleanup, filling out and putting up posters around town, calling/emailing/SMSing people to remind them about the drive, buying and dispensing food, transporting donors to and from the drive, helping donors at the drive, photographing for potential newspaper articles, taking blood pressure/checking hemoglobin, managing registration, directing traffic, supporting the MDA people, and just ensuring that everything runs smoothly. For the February 2013 drive, these committee members include (in no special order): Kaylee Novick, Rochel Black, Miriam Weil, Laurie, Kossowsky, Elke Harow, Bracha Shoshan, Reuven Eliaz, Yossi Klein, Ruth Posner, Zecie Maltz, Chaim Friedman, and Aryeh Koenigsberg. Tizku L'Mitzvot!

The date for the next drive is Sunday, May 26, 2013.

Have a very safe, healthy, and happy spring!

Deborah Weisblatt
Beit Shemesh Blood Drive Committee