[RBS] Insight About Kashrus of Local Bakery

Aryeh Sonnenberg aryehsonnenberg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 21:50:13 IST 2013

There is a bakery in Bet Shemesh that touts a Mehadrin Hechsher sign from
Chassam Sofer.

Be aware that:

1) The sign is ONLY regarding packaged food that they get from their central
bakery. Anything opened, heated, or otherwise prepared in the store is not
under this hashgacha.

2) They have been telling me for a long time that the rest of the store is
"just about" to have hashgacha from Chassam Sofer, too. As of a few weeks
ago, when I spoke to the Chassam Sofer, they explained to me that this was
discussed, but no concrete steps have been taken to make it happen.

Be aware that if you expecting to eat Chassam Sofer-supervised food, you are
probably not really doing so. As someone else posted earlier this week, you
might want to think twice about trusting the other te'uda on the wall, if
these people are possibly misrepresenting the Chassam Sofer one.

Aryeh Sonnenberg
054-499-1733
"The Land is Very, Very Good"

Working for a strong Likud.for the long-term future of Am Yisrael