[RBS] diamond ring maintenance

Ellen Solomon esolomon at torah.org
Tue Feb 5 23:30:01 IST 2013

The stone of my engagement ring fell out once also.  B"H I was able to
reconstruct where it fell and locate it, and Pinsky Jewelers handled the
re-setting.

When I brought it, they showed me that 3 prongs had broken off.  Which
means had I noticed when one or two prongs had broken off, I could have
saved myself from almost losing the stone and re-set it as preventive
maintenance.

Also the setting was modified so the stone was in more securely than it had
been originally (lower into the setting).

So take a glance at your ring every year or so.

ES