[RBS] Purim Community Project---for the sake of Achdus

Sara Dina Golembo sdgolembo at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 14 14:03:35 IST 2013

	*
I hadan idea last year to create more
achdus.

It really doesn't have to take that much
time and the good waves  that it might create is unimaginable.
 I got the idea from a friend who
visits hospitals on Purim giving out Mishloach Manot.
Her intention is that others shouldn’t feel
"overlooked" or  not  included in the
"festivities of the day".
So I thought,  why  not
reach out to others who  might also feel "not included"
namely our unaffiliated Jewish brothers and sisters.
As you know, sometimes they’re so
turned off by what they think  religious
 people  are   they are consequently closed off to the
Torah
as well. I thought, Purim is one day a year
when we can just give without too many calculations. It just might open some
hearts.
So  that’s what we did.
Myself and three very excited children
drove around Beit Shemesh giving out  Mishloach Manot to people that we
didn’t know.
   There was the old man sitting
on a bench watching the cars pass by when suddenly a boy dressed as a
clown gave him
Mishloach  Manot with a hearty, Purim Sameach!"
    The man came to life.
    A soldier waiting
for his bus smiled when he was handed a wrapped package of goodies, given
a big smile and a "Purim Sameach!"
    He was still waving as
we drove off.
    The 2 teenagers who
received their Mishloach Manot seemed genuinely pleased and might just feel
differently about those,

"religious”    people.

Last year many people joined  us
. This year I’d like to invite more people to get involved.
 Each person can take upon himself to
give out 3 Mishloach Manot  to Yidden that  they  wouldn't
ordinarily connect with
or who are distant from the Torah and our
rich heritage

OR As a community project, bring us complete
Shalach Manos [or donate money and we’ll take care of it]
And we’ll deliver them to our non
affiliated brothers and sisters---just for the sake of achdus. What a
difference we might make!
  You never
know whose heart we might open, even if it's only our own.

 Drop off
 Mishloach Manot  or donations at:
 Golembo Family  34/2
Nachal Lachish 999-0761