[RBS] Purim project to promote Achdus--Some comments from last year.

Sara Dina Golembo sdgolembo at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 17 10:07:23 IST 2013

When I
opened the door, I had to look twice.[ |I thought I was in the twilight zone]
Wasn’t Purim
tomorrow?
He looked
like he belonged in Meah Shearim. The little girl by his side had long, blond
braids and was wearing a dress from” Little House on the Prairie.” I also
observed the double sewn seams on his stripped caftan---definitely not costume
quality. It wasn’t until the father spoke to his daughter in Yiddish that I
understood that they were the real thing, Reb Ar'lach Yidden.
He had
responded to my email to give out Mishloach Manot  to Yidden that are different or unaffiliated,
in order to promote achdus. He came to get a box of Mishloach Manot to deliver
to people that he didn’t know.
It’s that
time of year again and I contacted him to see if he would like to participate
once again.
I’d like to
share with you some of his comments.
"We
had a wonderful time with the mishloach manot last year and would
love to do it again.
We
went as a whole family -- my wife, 10 year old son, 8 year old daughter and 7
year old daughter and me.
 Two
people shut their doors on us, but that is ok.
  Everybody else really appreciated it.
People
asked, "Do I know you?"  We said, "No."
"So
why are you giving me a shaloch manot?" they asked.
 We
said, "just because. Simply we want to spread achdus".

More
thanone
person cried.

“People even  remembered us throughout
the year.
 Months
later, I was stopped in the street by somebody because they remembered my
family and me.”
This
time we will remember to take our camera.”

This
Purim , join us.

GIVE A MISHLOACH
MANOS TO AN UNAFFILIATED JEW---
Just for the sake of of Achdus.

You never know whose heart you may open---even
if it’s only your own.

A few Helpful Tips

Go to a neighborhood where
nobody knows you and are different from you.

Knock on doors or give to
people in the street and simply say, “ Purim Sameach!”

Children in costume are sure
to make people smile.

Other people’s comments:

MA wrote: We have done this and it is really great!  Kol Hakavod
for posting it in such a nice way.  I can already feel the Geula coming
closer!
Devori J. shared:
want to thank you for the idea!
We
can say that some people in Bet Shemesh Gained some Mishloach manot but
even more so my children have gained a big lesson in life!