[RBS] 2 weeks to save a life at the Greater Beit Shemesh Blood Drive

Yossi Klein kleinyossi at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 22:40:14 IST 2013

Dear Potential Donors:

We have only TWO weeks to go until the next blood drive on February 3! Every pint counts - YOUR PINT COUNTS!!! Please mark your calendars if you haven't already done so!

Here are the details:

DATE: Sunday, February 3, 2013 (23 Shvat 5773) This drive has been on the Community Calendar since October! No excuses!!!

TIME: 17:30 to 22:30

PLACE: Beit Knesset Feigenson, Nofei Aviv (in the Ulam Smachot downstairs)

SPONSORS: This blood drive is generously sponsored by Amy and Shimon Solnica l'ilui nishmat Shimon's parents, Rabbi Hershel and Betty Solnica, Z"L and by Joe and Deb Weisblatt in honor of our family’s Shvat birthdays.

WHAT TO BRING: Teudat Zehut, Driver's License, or Passport

WHO: Healthy adults 18 to 65 (17 with a parent's note) - For more details, see the website at www.shemesh.co.il. (Click the cute Teddy bear icon on the left.)

WHAT NOT TO BRING: Please leave your adorable children at home. We don't provide babysitting and a blood donation center can be a dangerous place for small children (especially while their parents are donating blood). Arrange a babysitter or swap with a neighbor - you can watch their kids while they donate and they'll watch yours while you donate!

RIDES: Rides to/from the drive can be cheerfully arranged. Please contact me if you'd like a ride. Get a group together and we'll bring all of you!! We've provided rides from as close as the Sheinfeld neighborhood and as far as Netiv HaLamed Hey...so far!

REMINDERS: If you'd like a personal phone call and/or email reminder, please contact me.

There will be an Adi table at the drive for anyone who wants information about organ donation or to sign up to be a donor. (This is not connected to the blood drive; you can come to the drive to donate only, or to find out about Adi/sign up only, or both.)

As always, if you have ANY questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me. If I don't know the answer, I'll refer you to the nice folks at MDA who do!!

TIP OF THE WEEK: To keep your hemoglobin levels up, don't forget to eat those dark greens, sesame, and meat. Other great sources of iron include flax seeds and tehina. Sprinkle a teaspoon of crushed flax seeds or drizzle a tablespoon of tehina on your salad every day!

We'll see you at the drive!

Deborah Weisblatt
(for the Beit Shemesh Blood Drive Committee)