[RBS] Emek Haelah is in Danger - Please Help!!

Michael Barnett michael at rankabove.com
Fri Jul 5 18:48:53 IDT 2013

Dear All Bet Shemesh/ Ramat Bet Shemesh Residents,

Our beloved Emek Haelah is in danger.
15,000 housing units have been planned to be built in this beautiful part
of Israel.

If these 15,000 housing units are built in Emek Haelah it will be the
destruction not only of the unique flora and fauna and the unique
archaeological finds, and the second most popular bicycle riding area in
the State of Israel. It will be the end of Bet Shemesh as we know it.

The residents of Bet Shemsh have written over over 6,000 objection letters.
We need to keep the pressure on the Minister of the interior- Gideon Saar.
It is all in his hands.

There will be a coordinated  demonstration opposite his house in Tel Aviv
in Tuesday 9th July at 17.30.  (Rehov Brandeis 30) It has been coordinated
with the Police and with Gideon Saar’s office.
Gideon Saar needs to show others that there is so much public pressure on
him that he has no choice but to look at the plans anew.

There will be hasaot from Bet Shemesh.  The hasaot  will be at 4pm from the
Matnas in the Rama (Nachal Dolev) and from BIG at the bus stop near the
butke at the entrance to old BIG
This would be a great activity for teenagers who are holidays , there will
be representatives of a number of youth groups present
Please bring  musical instruments (to make noise?)  and good spirits.

I need some volunteers to help make phone calls.  Please email me if you
can help.  We are asking people to make 10 phone calls each- to people who
love nature.  The important thing to stress is that it will not be
threatening to the Minister and that it has been done in  coordination with
his office.

I need to know numbers , because we need to decide whether to send big
buses or vans.
Anyone who needs more info or wants to book a bus should call or SMS me on
054-468-4788 and mention which stop they want to get on, the number of
participants and phone number
You can also email me on barnett at 012.net.il  <barnett at 012.net.il>
Thank you so much for your help and hopefully for coming to the demo!

Naomi Barnett
054-468-4788
barnett at 012.net.il  <barnett at 012.net.il>