[RBS] Help Stop the Building in Emek Haelah - Demo This Tuesday 9 July in Tel Aviv

Michael Barnett michael at rankabove.com
Sun Jul 7 12:31:16 IDT 2013

Hello List People,

Please help save our area - if you do not stand up and fight this - no one
will!!

Even though the ministers in the Government have assured our local
politicians that they are stopping the plans to build in Emek Haelah-  they
are pushing ahead at a furious pace.

On Sunday 6,000 objection letters were handed in (Thank you  Ramat/Bet
Shemesh- you were fabulous in your support for these letters!!!!)

On Tuesday we  already received the letter giving us the date for the
hearing- in three weeks time in the middle of the summer when everyone will
be on holidays - Keep in mind that normally it takes 3 to four months to be
given a date!

We need to put pressure on these politicians to really stop and rethink the
process
Please come to the demonstration!
*** Our beloved Emek Haelah is in danger ***

If 15,000 housing units are built in Emek Haelah it will be the destruction
not only of the unique flora and fauna and the unique archeological finds ,
and the second most popular bicycle riding area in the State of Israel, it
will be the end of Bet Shemesh as we know it.

The residents of Bet Shemsh wrote over  over 6,000 objection letters. We
need to keep the pressure on the Minister of the interior- Gideon Saar.  It
is all in his hands.

***There will be a demonstration opposite his house in *Tel Aviv in Tuesday
9th July at 17.30.  (Rehov Brandeis 30)* It has been coordinated with the
Police and with Gideon Saar’s office. ***

Gideon Saar needs to show others that there is so much public pressure on
him that he has no choice but to look at the plans anew.

*** There will be hasaot from Bet Shemesh.  The hasaot  will leave at 4pm
from the Matnas in the Rama (Nachal Dolev) and from BIG at the bus stop
near the butke at the entrance to old BIG***
If there are enough people we will add a stop at Shienfeld- so please let
me know if that would be helpful to you.
This would be a great activity for teenagers who are holidays , there will
be representatives of a number of youth groups present.
People who work in Tel Aviv can meet us there- and can get a ride back  on
the buses

I need some volunteers to help make phone calls.  Please email me if you
can help.  We are asking people to make 10 phone calls each- to people who
 love nature.  The important thing to stress is that it will not be
threatening to the Minister and that it has been done in  coordination with
his office.
Please bring  musical instruments  (to make noise) and good spirits

I need to know numbers , in order to ensure that everyone gets a seat
Anyone who needs more info or wants to book a bus should call or SMS me on
054-468-4788 and mention which stop they want to get on, the number of
participants and phone number.

You can also email me on barnett at 012.net.il
Thank you so much for your help and hopefully for coming to the demo!
Naomi Barnett
054 468 -4788