[RBS] Fw: שימו לב לשקופים!!!! Please ote the "invisibles"

Rena Hollander, Adv. holrena at zahav.net.il
Fri Jul 19 15:50:24 IDT 2013

Recently something wonderful happened in our city and specifically in our
neighborhood. The youth are coming of age. And the youth – rightfully so –
are demanding to be recognized.
We should all be very proud of the youth that we have raised here in our
city. In fact, with the backdrop of all of the sparring and disagreement
among the adults I am not always sure who the adults are and who are the
children…
In any event, for those who know as well as those that have not heard – a
group of youths from Ramat Beit Shemesh have gotten together under the name
"Hashkufim" (the invisible) – because they feel invisible. They feel that
there is no one looking out for them and they have understood that
אם אין אני לי מי לי
 and decided to group together and stand up for themselves.
They met with the Mayoral candidates, held in depth discussions, asked
pertinent and difficult questions and following an amazingly powerful
democratic process, with the participation of hundreds of children and
youth – made the decision to support Eli Cohen for mayor.
This is not just a simple political decision. This is true participation
between the parties. These youth sat with us, presented their beliefs, and
Eli Cohen, as is his way, received them with warmth and caring and even more
important met them at their level and accepted them as full partners in the
plans for youth in the city.
As until now amongst the adult residents of Beit Shemesh, when he encouraged
the residents to come and take part in the planning of the future vision for
the city, now too – Eli Cohen requested that the youth to come and formulate
their vision for the future handling of youth issues in the city.
Therefore when you walk in the streets and you see our wonderful youth –
tell them that they are not invisible- they are here, they are ours and they
are worthy of our, the parents,  respect and esteem.
 Rena Hollander
on behalf of "Bet Shemesh Chozeret" and Eli Cohen for Mayor!!