[RBS] Need to access 230MB 3.5" disk - Help!

Melissa Shenker melissashenker at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 19:04:36 IDT 2013

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Yes, this is for S.T.

This is *NOT* a Zip disk.  She *also* has 2 Zip disks and brought with a
borrowed Zip drive (thanks J.R.). They are unfortunately unreadable. This
is a 3rd disk she has.

This is *NOT* a 2.44MB "IBM PC" disk.  I have an 18 year old external drive
(parallel connector!) for those disks. This disk is significantly thicker.
It also cannot be read by the Zip drive.  It has printed on in "240 MB" and
"Macintosh".

I only have the disk and *NOT* a disk drive for it so suggesting ways to
connect it up to a PC unfortunately won't help.

I do *NOT* need someone who "is good with computers" etc to help me. I
currently work part-time as a PC technician and have been playing and/or
working with computers for about 33 years (age 12).  My expertise is mainly
with PCs.  I worked a lot with Apple IIe's in high school and recently with
Macbooks and IPads, but have a long gap in my Apple experience between the
two.  This mystery disk seems to fall into that gap.

So, does anyone have an old Apple Mac that could possibly read a 240MB 3.5"
disk.

Shabbat Shalom,
Melissa

  Lachish 18/9, Bet Shemesh, ISRAEL    §    +972-52-2285568