[RBS] Egged -= time to do something about wrong type of

Aviva Rubin AvivaR at kh-uia.org.il
Wed Jul 24 08:07:31 IDT 2013

Shalom Michael,
I can understand your frustration as I go on the same buses each day.
After doing my own research over the last few years (this happens every year during the summer and on Lag Ba'omer), the finger should be pointed at Misrad Hatachbura and not at Egged.
According to the regulations, at peak times Egged adds busses to routes such as the 402 and special busses to the separated Ashdod beach. Due to this, they need to take busses from different routes.
Misrad Hatachbura decided that as Beit Shemesh is just a slight extension of Jerusalem, and within a certain mileage, the busses should be reverted from the 417 route to other routes and we should get the "inner city" busses. As the 402 is more mileage, they need to receive the regular busses.
Also Egged Beit Shemesh and their drivers are frustrated from the situation, but this is out of their hands!
There is only another few weeks, and then life goes back to normal....
The most important is that we get to and from work safety, and with the Egged drivers I can say that will happen with much more belief then with some of the Superbus drivers!
Aviva

Message: 3