[RBS] PSA: DON'T give a credit card to a someone claiming to be Kol Hakfuim (or ANY private caller)!!

kyweiss at aol.com kyweiss at aol.com
Tue Jul 30 16:53:18 IDT 2013

I've just been had!! I just had a really "adin" sounding lady call claiming to be from Kol Hakfuim that I had an outstanding chov from a mishloach a month ago. I did recall having such a mishloach so I gave a CC #....after I hung up I realized I noticed half consciously when I answered that it was a private caller (which I even usually don't answer) and in a panic I called Kol Hakfuim who CONFIRMED THAT IT WAS NOT THEM

I called the police and they said I need to come down and file a complaint and *maybe* they'll look into it (should be an outrage in itself)!

So obviously we need to cancel the CC but wanted to warn everybody, if they call and say you owe kol hakfuim or any other store in the area, tell them YOU'LL CALL THE STORE BACK DIRECTLY TO CONFIRM YOU OWE and/or that they should call you back from a NON-BLOCKED NUMBER!!

Wishing everyone to never be "had"!