[RBS] What IS the Truth?

Aryeh Sonnenberg aryehsonnenberg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 17:57:28 IDT 2013

Zvi Wolicki called me to straighten out the story.

It’s quite long and complicated, but I think this is the bottom line:

There were two projects whose facts got confused in this news story: a
library and the heichal tarbut.

Each project suffered from what Zvi described as mismanagement. Money that
was pledged for the Heichal Tarbut was withdrawn because the mayor did not
(or could not) approve funding the upkeep of the facility.

The mayor was very interested in building this; the “Rabbis” were not
stopping it; there was mismanagement.

Zvi thinks the Heichal Tarbut project can still be salvaged.

Aryeh