[RBS] RECRUITING VOLUNTEERS TO JOIN BIRTH NIGHT BABYSITTING (A DINA BLAUSTEIN A'H PROJECT)

aviva adler aviva7272 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 09:44:26 IDT 2013

*1. CREATED BY DINA BLAUSTEIN, A”H OF BALTIMORE, MARYLAND*

*2. LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS TO JOIN ME IN THIS PROJECT!*

*Volunteer Birth Night Babysitting Service*

Volunteer available on-call, at the last minute, or over Shabbos, to come
stay with your children while you go to the hospital to welcome into the
world the newest addition(s) to your family!

*WHO I AM*:

Mature single woman, experienced with children, centrally located at the
top of Ayalon Park, who participated in this volunteer activity before
making aliyah from Baltimore.  Minimal Hebrew.  I love children and used to
run a daycare with six kids (two in diapers).  I drive and have a valid
Israeli license, but don't have a car (although I might be able to borrow
one to have on hand around the time of your due date).  Baltimore and local
babysitter and character references available.

*HOW IT WORKS*:

Ideally, I will meet you and your family in advance of your anticipated due
date.  Your children can get to know me, and you can show me around your
kitchen, and give me any information I might need to know about your
children and their night-time or early-morning routines, food preferences,
etc.

If you don't have family here to help out and you need to go to the
hospital at night while your children, your friends, and your neighbors are
all sleeping, then you can call me (or send someone over on Shabbos) at any
hour, and I can come to your home immediately.

*HOURS*:

In Baltimore, Dina Blaustein’s birth night babysitters were available from 11
PM to 7 AM, unless other arrangements were made.  I could come earlier in
the evenings, but can't stay later than 7:30 AM in the mornings during the
work week (Sun-Thurs), as I need to catch the bus to work in Yerushalayim.
 As more women join this project, other hours (and day time coverage) may
be available.

*BENEFITS*:

1.  Your friends and neighbors with families of their own are probably
available to take your children during the day, but might not be available
to help out at night.

2.  If you need to go to the hospital when your children are asleep, they
will have met me beforehand, and not be surprised to find me there when
they  wake up!

This service was the initiative of Dina Blaustein (Dina Machla bas Eliezer),
a”h, of Baltimore, Maryland, who was a very special neshama whose whole
life was about chesed and service to others.  I was just a participant in
her program in Baltimore.  Now that I’m here in Israel, where many young
couples come without family, I’m looking for a way to contribute in my new
community, and I thought Dina Blaustein’s idea might be useful here, too.  Feel
free to call for more information or with any questions!

*MORE ABOUT DINA BLAUSTEIN, A’H, WHO CREATED BALTIMORE’S PRE-NATAL MITZVAH
PROJECT:*

In addition to running Baltimore’s Pre-Natal Mitzvah Project for twenty
years, Dina Blaustein was the Program Director for Baltimore’s Northwest
Citizen’s Patrol; Co-Director of the Isaac and Rochel Goss Memorial Fund,
with R’Yisroel Reznitsky, which pays for sign language interpreters so
Baltimore’s Jewish deaf community can benefit from Torah classes and
events; Director of the Blanche and Leon Blaustein Israel Survival Fund,
started in 1999 in memory of her parents, which she and her volunteers
operated with no administrative costs to raise funds to buy food for needy
families living in Israel; and Dina was a talented musician who used the
proceeds from performances of her all-woman band "Encore" to distribute
thousands of dollars annually to needy families.

*PLEASE JOIN ME IN THIS BIRTH NIGHT BABYSITTING PROJECT!*

Dina recruited volunteers for a “one month per year” commitment, and I’d
like to do the same.  This volunteer opportunity is perfect for young women
who have completed seminary, newlyweds who do not yet have children of
their own, or older single women – anyone who can respond within 10 to 15
minutes of a call for assistance.  If you’d like to join me, please contact
me!

B'sha'ah Tova!

Aviva Adler

Baltimore-Israel 01-SEP-11