[RBS] WHY IS THIS GAN DIFFERENT FROM ALL OTHER GANIM??

Gannendy r gannendy at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 9 21:32:22 IST 2013

Gan Genendy is a specialty Gan.It is for parents who want more of what's important for their child.

TWO SPOTS LEFT FOR NEXT YEAR for children ages 31/2-41/2

For more information or to reserve a spot, e-mail or call Genendy Radoff and leave a message:  991-6582
or visit ganulpan.org

Why is Gan Genendy (Gan Ulpan) Different from all other Ganim?

I believe that Early Childhood and Gan is a vital stage of real life...Not  preparation for real life.

I believe that children have the same emotional rights as adults and deserve to be treated with dignity and respect, and to always be viewed with unconditional positive regard.

I believe that each child is intelligent, curious, capable, and spiritual, full of ideas, theories, and feelings.

I believe that as a teacher, my job is to help each child express their ideas, thoughts, and feelings through many different types of experiential activities and artistic media, and to help children test their theories in order to learn more about the world.

I believe in developing dispositions for lifelong learning, such as curiosity, creativity, communication skills, social/ emotional skills, the ability to make choices and follow through, the ability to take risks and make mistakes,... We learn academic skills through play and activities meaningful to the children, not by rote.

I believe that children learn best through self initiated play, with supportive adults available nearby to coach, enrich and extend the play when needed.

I believe that children behave well when they know how to, and when they are feeling well.  I do not use prizes or punishments to influence children's behavior.  I actively teach conflict resolution and problem solving skills to find solutions that work for each child and learning community. I believe It is possible to set limits and exert firm control while being warm, caring and responsive.

I believe that young children learn through personal experience.  This year (so far) we have been to the supermarket, farm, zoo, vet, pet store, plant nursery, two nature hikes, makolet, and the fire station. We have a dog, two cats, guinea pigs and fish in the Gan.

I believe that parents are a child's most important teachers and are provided many opportunities to participate in the life of the Gan.