[RBS] PSA: Old and new olim guide to Pesach labeling on products

Alon Frank butcheronline at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 20:42:13 IST 2013

Dear Friends,
Just want to help you guys out with the confusing labeling of pesach
products.
I asked some questions to Rabbi Avishai David (student of the late Rabbi
Soloveitchik)  from BMTL shul in Sheinfeld which I included in this guide.
Since the list is filtered for HTML,I will write the Hebrew in English.

Kashlap means kosher le pesach.
On milk products itn says kashlap erev pesach which confuses many people.
Those products are usually without kitniyot unless stated Kitniyot.

Le lo chashash kitniyot means that the product is kitniyot free.

If the product says Kitniyot, Le ochlei kitniyot bilvad or me kitniyot,then
those products contain kitniyot and cannot be used by Ashkenazim.

On some chocolate it says mechil liftit which is Lecitine made from
recycled kitniyot products that lost their taste and therefore allowed by
Ashkenazim according to Rabbi David.
 I advise you to ask your LOR if you have a doubt.
Same with canola oil that Rabbi David permits for Ashkenazim.
Again, ask your LOR if you have any doubt.

I wish you all a chag kasher vesameiach !!
Alon Frank.