[RBS] Safety First - Ezrat Achim

מיה ביטש mya at ezratachim.com
Wed Nov 27 09:32:12 IST 2013

Dear Friends,

Ezrat Achim is going to print with a life saving monthly
newsletter/magazine: "Safety First - Awareness and Prevention", and there
are some spots available for community professionals that have experience
dealing with safety issues, to share their knowledge and expertise.

Our first publication will be " Fire Safety: Burns".

The content in this publication is going to explain what a burn is and how
to treat it, how one should set up their home to prevent burns and defining
the normal standard of protection every home should have . We will also be
writing about how to create an appropriate framework for our kids to handle
fire (when and how to let them cook, light Shabbos candles, hold the
Havdala candle.)

Ezrat Achim has been encouraged to start this "Safety First" program
because of the lack of basic knowledge when it comes to home safety. Most
people are at a loss of who to call in an emergency and how to care for or
prevent  a home injury.

The statistics are frightening: 53% of child hospitalizations in Israel are
related to home injuries that could have been prevented; and an even more
devastating fact is that 23% of child deaths reported in Israel are caused
by home accidents; including falls, burns, poisoning, drowning and the
like. All of which can be avoided with proper public awareness and
education.

In keeping with the Ezrat Achim tradition, we are happy to make this a
community project and we encourage you to contact us today and let us know
how you would like to contribute to this life saving project. Our first
edition is very close to print.

Mya Beitsch

Ezrat Achim

Home Safety Project Coordinator