[RBS] questions and actual answers rather than slogans

Rafi and Shifra Goldmeier goldmeier.family at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 18:09:56 IDT 2013

Are you tired of hearing all the election slogans, and perhaps
highlights of eventual policy,  over and over again, but not getting any
real substance? Do you have questions you want answers to but feel that
so far the election campaign has yet to provide substantive explanations
and plans of what it plans to do for the city?

I am working on a list of serious policy questions for Eli Cohen to
answer and publicize, so people can see what he plans to actually do
(starting) on October 23, 2013, should he win the mayoral election. If
you have qustions and wonder what Eli Cohen's thoughts are regarding
your question, please send them to me and I will include it in the
master list. I have already submitted many questions to Eli Cohen, and
he is working on a detailed set of answers.

Examples of questions already submitted:

  * What are the plans for fixing up the Matnasim, especially those that
have been shut down due to lack of funding and inability to cover
necessary repairs? Where will the money come from to fix them up?
* what will be the policy regarding amutot taking over schools, such as
Shaalei Torah taking over Orot and Ahavat Yisrael?
  * for a long time already many schools are suffering from a lack of
funding to the point that necessary safety measure cannot be
implemented.. examples: the collapsed wall in Uziel, the loose rocks in
Safot v'Tarbuyot, etc. What do you plan to do about these situations,
and where will the money come form?
  * People leaving the city used to be able to get off every intercity
bus at Tzomet Shimshon. This was very important for those traveling to
the southern parts of the country. Ever since Superbus took over many of
the lines, Tzomet Shimshon has been canceled as a bus stop, leaving
people no access to the south via public transportation. What do you
plan to do about this situation?

and many more...

so, please send to me your questions, and I will do my best to
incorporate them in the master list and hopefully we will get actual
answers and plans, and not just slogans.

kol tuv
Rafo

--
Goldmeier