[RBS] REMINDER - TONIGHT - THE MIKDASH TODAY (Part 2 of the presentation on the Bet Mikdash)

Dani Seeman (dseeman) dseeman at cisco.com
Tue Sep 10 09:32:44 IDT 2013

Part 1 was well received! Part 2 will be presented BeEzrat Hashem TONIGHT in Menorat HaMaor.
Please note that part 2 is a standalone session, so feel free to come even if you missed part 1.

We will also be discussing: the lost theme of Yom Kippur - on a deeper meaning of Yom Kippur in the time of the Mikdash.

• Who needs the Bet Mikdash?
• Why are korbanot sacrificed?
• Why is there a controversy about Jews going up to Har HaBayit?
• What does the rock in the Dome of the Rock actually look like?
• And what’s the Bet Mikdash got to do with Elul & Teshuva??

For the answer to these questions and more… To appreciate what the Mikdash is about, & to enhance our understanding of what we are lacking today… Please join us for a two-part presentation in English by Dani Seeman from Machon HaMikdash (Temple Institute).

OVERVIEW OF THE BET HAMIKDASH

• Part 1 – Who needs the Bet Mikdash?
Understanding the purpose & significance of the Mikdash, by analyzing various midrashim & pesukim.
Tuesday Aug 27, at 7:45 PM, at Bet Knesset Menorat HaMaor , RBS

• Part 2 – The Mikdash today
Overview of various hot topics, including: What does Har HaBayit look like? Where on Har HaBayit was the Mikdash? The halachic controversy regarding ascending Har HaBayit. Who will build the 3rd Bet Mikdash?
Tuesday Sept 10, at 7:45 PM, at Bet Knesset Menorat HaMaor, RBS

Voluntary donations will be solicited for Machon HaMikdash (don’t forget your checkbooks! ☺).
Want a free copy of the presentation? Bring a disk-on-key to the lecture!