[RBS] Warning: Dangerous Situation on corner of HaYarden and R'Yehuda HaNasi

Ellen Segal ellensegal at netvision.net.il
Wed Sep 11 19:29:56 IDT 2013

While driving up to RBS I noticed a sign tied to the railing next to the
crosswalk crossing HaYarden on the far corner of HaNasi.

Suddenly, a three year old appeared in the crosswalk. I say suddenly because
he was shorter than the sign so there was no way to see him and anticipate
that a child was about to cross the street. Also, the child's field of
vision was blocked so he could not see oncoming cars unless he stepped into
the street. Luckily, the car in front of me and I were driving slowly.

This is a neighborhood where small children often cross the street
unaccompanied. It is dangerous enough when we can see them. Now we can't see
them waiting to cross and they can't see us.

I think it's illegal to put signs on public safety railings in the first
place. I called 106, but I think it's too late in the day. Anyone want to go
and take it down?

Ellen