[RBS] another subject for discussion : sukka hopping

Phil'n'Chanie Rosenfelder philnchanie at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 09:03:15 IDT 2013

our children find it very hard to be told that they may not take bags with
them to fill up on goodies while sukka hopping.
and kids who visit our sukka are disappointed when we offer fruit and
something that has a limit of oen per kid AND that we ask them to say their
berachot and eat in our sukka

does anyone else feel that sukka hopping has become more like trick or
treating?

on the other hand, do people feel that children should be allowed to take
home as much as they can grab from each sukka?

personally, id' like to say that minhag ir hakodesh Beit Shemesh is
that sukka hoppers eat or drink something in each sukka they visit, share
divrei torah or play a game or sing a song, but  do  NOT take food / treats
home -  no loot bags, no trick or treating

what do others think?