[RBS] VERY SERIOUS SITUATION IN RBS

Petite Safranit petite.safranit at verizon.net
Fri Sep 27 00:50:13 IDT 2013

We know cats are around. We know they scrounge in the garbage cans for
food and scream at night. However, they have a right to live and survive
even though we do not like or tolerate their being around us. Cats are
being harassed, attacked and murdered. A cat, or what was left of it,
was found in a bush near our apt building. It had been tortured and
dismembered. Jackals and dogs do not do such things. This was a human
abomination. Another situation was seen today (on Simchat Torah!) of a
kitten being chased and having rocks thrown at it. It has not been seen
since. A teen aged boy and 2 younger boys were observed committing this
frightful activity during late morning near the reindeer traffic circle.
Aren't our children taught about tza'ar balei chayim? Are they receiving
mixed signals from parents? Who knows how many cats/dogs/small animals
have suffered and will in the future. Children, predominantly boys, who
mistreat, torture, or kill animals usually prey next on younger children
or become bullies. PLEASE parents, talk to your teenagers and children
about this. This needs serious discussion. No one wants to find a
dismembered cat in the bushes, trash cans, or parking lot. Cruelty is
not a midah we want our children to have.