[Herzelinux] Smart house using Linux and FOSS by Jonathan Kopel

Gilad Ben-Yossef gilad at codefidence.com
Tue Jan 27 07:46:29 IST 2009

Hi all,

We got a real treat this week  :-)

On Thursday, Thursday, Jan 29 2009 at 18:30, Herzlinux will host
Jonathan Kopel lecture entitled: "Smart house using Linux and FOSS ".

Topics

1. Smart home definition: Main stream program in smart home .
2. Hardware:     Implementation problem
        (The right wife you can't do it without her support)
        What the solution that answer my needs ? price, hardware, power.
3. My solution: hardware - nslu2, plcbus, 1wire, usb relays
        software - misterhouse, xap , drivers, Linux, owsf.
4. summary

In addition, we have the following line up of upcoming lectures:

- Thu Feb 19 18:30: Drupal CMS byLior Kesos from Linnovate ltd.

- Thu March 21 18:30: Code control  using ther GNU linker by Raviv haim

- Thu April 12 18:30: Lissa Sterling about developing Cellular applications.

- Thu April 23 18:30: Gilad Ben-Yossef on the Google Android phone stack.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank our volunteer presenters
without which Herzelinux would not have been possible and to invite
people reading this consider joini their ranks - so drop me a note with
your preferred Open Source or Linux topic today :-)

Herzel-what?
~~~~~~~~

Herzelinux is a  Linux Linux user group. It's aim is to try to bridge
the gap between professional Linux programmers working for Hi tech
companies and the Linux Open Source community and bring them into the fold.

As such:

- The meeting topics will tend towards the advance technical stuff which
is of interest to professional programmers.

- The meeting takes place in Herzelia Pituch (Maskit 27, In hi-tech
College - there's a map on the site), a short walking distance from most
of Silicon Wadi companies, to the pleasure of the lazy Hi Tech bums :-)

Other then that it's just yet anther LUG, like Haifux and Telux, whose
format we're basically mimicking (read: most sincere form of flattery
and so on...)

Needless to say, it's free, both in speech and in coffee (not very good
coffee but it's provided for free by Hi tech College so we shouldn't
complain) and you are all invited. In fact, I'd truly appreciate if you
can spread the word and invite fellow programmers working on Linux which
are not alpha Linux geeks.

For more details: http://tuxology.net/herzelinux

To get updates of club meeting by RSS: http://tinyurl.com/herzelinux

To get updates of club meeting via Google Calender:
http://tinyurl.com/Herzelinux-cal

To get updates the club meetings via iCal feed:
http://tinyurl.com/Herzelinux-ical

For Facebook lovers - join our group on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Herzliya-Israel/Herzelinux/10832254949

See you there,
Gilad

--
Gilad Ben-Yossef
Chief Coffee Drinker

Codefidence Ltd.
The code is free, your time isn't.(TM)

Web:    http://codefidence.com
Email:  gilad at codefidence.com
Office: +972-8-9316883 ext. 201
Fax:    +972-8-9316885
Mobile: +972-52-8260388

	The Doctor: Don't worry, Reinette, just a nightmare.
	Everyone has nightmares. Even monsters from under the
	bed have nightmares, don't you, monster?
	Reinette: What do monsters have nightmares about?
	The Doctor: Me!