YES with TV card

geoffrey mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 22:07:58 IST 2009

On Dec 8, 2009, at 9:54 PM, Shachar Shemesh wrote:

> I do not see an RF output on the standard Yes receiver, so their
> description of "scan for the right program" seems, to me, to be
> false. Having said that, I am very doubtful that your TV card does
> not have a video in port, if not an actual s-video port. Any of
> those will work, and will actually give you better quality than the
> RF option mentioned above.

Mine have an RF port on them, they are at almost 4 years old. They are
obviously NOT HDTV, but they do support 16:9 programs and TVs.

> Personally, I use an s-video port for the receiver, and will be
> getting the blaster working as soon as I get around to it (which
> will allow myth-tv to switch channels automatically, I hope).

The YES remote control codes are available for  LIRC, and you can
build a transmitter from an IR LED, a resistor and an old serial
cable. Worked fine for me.
I bought mine at Kasyahoff in Jersualem, someone else on this list
bought theirs in Ramat Gan.

Geoff.

--
geoffrey mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM