[OT] looking for pci graphic boards

Hetz Ben Hamo hetzbh at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 03:09:43 IST 2009

Hi Micha,

Sorry to tell you, but don't hold your hopes too high, as this guy here (
http://communities.intel.com/thread/5598) tried almost the same thing (2
graphics cards), and the machine didn't even do a full POST. It's a really
crappy board. I thought of suggesting to use to try coreboot (LinuxBIOS) but
the P35 chipset isn't supported yet.

Thanks,
Hetz

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 1:49 AM, Micha Feigin <michf at post.tau.ac.il> wrote:

> Despite being off topic I was hoping that someone on this list may have a
> couple such cards (pci based graphic boards) lying around. I know they are
> ancient and useless to most but maybe someone has a couple stockpiled in
> some
> attic.
>
> We got a couple of tesla boards for our Uni lab and unfortunately the
> motherboard we got at the moment (intel dragontail - dp35dp) only has one
> pci-e
> x16 slot and it won't post at all without a graphics card. As the tesla
> isn't
> recognized as a graphics board and it takes up the pci-e slot the only
> other
> options is a pci card.
>
> The two machines are supposed to run headless so any board that is
> recognized
> as a graphics board and fits in a pci slot will do as all it's job is to
> get
> the machine to boot. Otherwise, if someone knows how to get these
> motherboards
> to boot with no graphics card I'll be even happier.
>
> Thanks

my blog (hebrew): http://benhamo.org
Skype: heunique
MSN: hetz-blog at benhamo.org