Google Chrome vs. Firebox or good old Internet Explorer?

Uri Even-Chen uri at speedy.net
Sun Dec 20 02:32:02 IST 2009

Hi people,

I am seriously thinking about switching to Google Chrome or Firefox.
I use Internet Explorer 8, and I tested all 3 of them recently.  The
fonts look better on good old Internet Explorer, and I'm also used to
it, after switching from Netscape about 10 years ago.  But, the
problem is I can't see pictures on my newsletters on Gmail.  I checked
Google Chrome and Firefox, to my surprise both of them show the
pictures without problems, only with Internet Explorer I can't see
pictures, which is very frustrating.  I'm thinking maybe this is
because I'm using HTTPS and not HTTP.  I don't know why I can't see
the pictures on Internet Explorer, but it looks much better with
pictures.  The problem is that I prefer the fonts of Internet
Explorer, and I also use other websites, such as my bank, and I didn't
check them with Google Chrome and Firefox.  It's much easier for me to
use Internet Explorer, if I can just solve the pictures issue, or
maybe use Google Chrome only to view my newsletters.  I'm in a
dilemma.  I hate Microsoft, I like open source, but I don't like to
use inferior software.  What do you think?

My operating system is Windows XP.  Sorry - no open source OS for me
yet.  I'm waiting for Google OS - maybe I'll switch in a few years.  I
can't use ubuntu etc. - too complicated for me, not compatible with
other computers etc.  I'm also using MS Word, Excel and Access - I
can't stop using them right now.

Uri Even-Chen
Mobile Phone: +972-50-9007559
E-mail: uri at speedy.net