Google Chrome vs. Firebox or good old Internet Explorer?

Hetz Ben Hamo hetzbh at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 02:38:47 IST 2009

Hi,
I don't know which issues you have with Explorer that don't show pictures.
Perhaps security settings? (you can disable security checking on site like
GMail, for example).

Chrome is OK and Firefox is OK. Most of the sites in Israel (the big ones)
both work pretty well with both Chrome and Firefox.

Since you're using Windows, you can install on both Chrome and Firefox the
"ie tab" extension which will add a button to let you switch rendering
engine (or actually to open an IE window inside firefox or chrome) so bad
sites will still look good in Firefox or Chrome.

Good luck,
Hetz

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 2:32 AM, Uri Even-Chen <uri at speedy.net> wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> I am seriously thinking about switching to Google Chrome or Firefox.
> I use Internet Explorer 8, and I tested all 3 of them recently.  The
> fonts look better on good old Internet Explorer, and I'm also used to
> it, after switching from Netscape about 10 years ago.  But, the
> problem is I can't see pictures on my newsletters on Gmail.  I checked
> Google Chrome and Firefox, to my surprise both of them show the
> pictures without problems, only with Internet Explorer I can't see
> pictures, which is very frustrating.  I'm thinking maybe this is
> because I'm using HTTPS and not HTTP.  I don't know why I can't see
> the pictures on Internet Explorer, but it looks much better with
> pictures.  The problem is that I prefer the fonts of Internet
> Explorer, and I also use other websites, such as my bank, and I didn't
> check them with Google Chrome and Firefox.  It's much easier for me to
> use Internet Explorer, if I can just solve the pictures issue, or
> maybe use Google Chrome only to view my newsletters.  I'm in a
> dilemma.  I hate Microsoft, I like open source, but I don't like to
> use inferior software.  What do you think?
>
> My operating system is Windows XP.  Sorry - no open source OS for me
> yet.  I'm waiting for Google OS - maybe I'll switch in a few years.  I
> can't use ubuntu etc. - too complicated for me, not compatible with
> other computers etc.  I'm also using MS Word, Excel and Access - I
> can't stop using them right now.
>
> Uri Even-Chen
> Mobile Phone: +972-50-9007559
> E-mail: uri at speedy.net