OFFTOPIC: Re: Hebrew spam: what to do about it?

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Feb 9 11:32:58 IST 2009

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 11:24:34AM +0200, Shachar Shemesh wrote:

>The law is very specific that having your name appearing on the spam as
>the one being advertised is sufficient evidence that you are the
>presumed spammer. I imagine that, should the spammer want to claim they
>are not, the burden of proof is on them, not you.

Oh, so I could send out email for Fred's Open Source Consulting,
munge the headers to look like him and put him out of business.

>In any case, it should be fairly easy to prove. Just call the number and
>appear to be an interested customer.

How do you present that in court? Does Israel allow recorded phone
converstations without the other side being aware of it?

What would you say? I got your email and want to buy xxxx? Would anyone
in their right mind say "we did not send you an email, it must have
been someone else" and possibly lose the sale?

Geoff.