OFFTOPIC: Re: Hebrew spam: what to do about it?

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Mon Feb 9 11:24:34 IST 2009

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

> Well, I find that hard to believe. You will eventually have to prove
> that you received the SPAM from them. and that you did not alter it in
> any way.
The law is very specific that having your name appearing on the spam as
the one being advertised is sufficient evidence that you are the
presumed spammer. I imagine that, should the spammer want to claim they
are not, the burden of proof is on them, not you.

In any case, it should be fairly easy to prove. Just call the number and
appear to be an interested customer.

Shachar