Overzealous RBL blocks entire bezeqint range.

Ira Abramov Lists-Linux-IL at ira.abramov.org
Tue Feb 10 07:41:38 IST 2009

Attention Shay O'Hayon and anyone else using UCEPROTECT's RBL: about a
quarter or a third of Israel's users, those using dialups or mail
servers on the Bezeqint network are blocked from mailing you.

from their site:

 What means listed at UCEPROTECT-Level 3?
 GAME OVER. We and our users have seen enough spam and heared all
 possible excusions why some lazy providers think to be not responsible
 for what their customers are doing.

apparetly they are blocking all 1180160 IP addresses of the ISP because
this last week they sent 5789 (0.491 %) spam mails. I wonder if even
that is not 20% false positives...

As much as I hate spam, I think this RBL is a tiny bit out of sync with
the universal definition of "sane".

oddly, Shay's server also rejected mail I sent him from Gmail, and
with even less information on WHY.

I suggest you pick other RBLs that are maintained by anyone over the age
of 15 at the very least. Email me when you have fixed this.

thanks!
Ira.

--
Owner of a lownly heart