Cell net use at home

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Tue Feb 17 12:06:32 IST 2009

On 17/02/2009, at 11:41, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

>> including service and  modem.  They now require an 18-month
>> contract, and the small print  says traffic is unlimited from a
>> mobile computer.
>
> Ok, does that mobile computer have to be moving? Can I get a cheap
> laptop
> and sit it on a shelf?

I assume they mean on-and-off usage as you would normally see from a
mobile computer.  Because I was frankly thinking to use their service
using a laptop as router for my home.  Still am, but I want to find
out about VoIP potential and performance first.

> I've given up on bittorrent 24/7. I now get most of what I did on
> bit torrent via streaming video

But for streaming video you have to be sitting at the computer!  I
have files I can put on a USB key and plug into the DVD player
connected tot he TV in the public areas of the house instead of
inviting everyone into my office :)  Much preferred for me.

As a side note, I have 469 open torrents right now.

--sambo