The new linux-il - a few tips to get you (re)started

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Thu Jan 29 13:13:33 IST 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 07:39:38AM +1100, Amos Shapira wrote:

> Somehow GMail seems to be able to do that - When I take part in, or
> start, a mailing list thread which is filtered to another "folder"
> (tagged with mailing list tag using a GMail filter) GMail will start
> showing this thread *also* in my inbox. I think it has something to do
> with
>
> It happens to me with CentOS mailman lists, for instance, but also
> with many other mailman lists.

The flip side to that is that when someone sends me a mail to my work
account (which is sadly a gmail one) both privately and on-list, gmail
keeps only a single copy. And I have to actively copy it to the mailing
list folder.

(I fetch the mail through the pop3 interface, as I don't want to be
bound to the way gmail chooses to store my mail on its server)

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | tzafrir at jabber.org | VIM is
tzafrir at cohens.org.il |                    |  best