The new linux-il - a few tips to get you (re)started

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Sat Jan 31 08:33:42 IST 2009

Micha Feigin wrote:
> That is true, setting reply-to to point to the list is not a good solution. The
> proper solution is to set the list header so that modern MUA can use the reply
> to list button. Reply-to should reply to sender, reply-to-list should reply to
> list.

Don't confuse the discussions. Those questions were for Oleg's idea of
what should be done. My question to you are listed at
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-il@cs.huji.ac.il/msg53899.html. Again,
the most important ones are:

    * Not all MUA have "reply to list"
    * "Reply to all" respect all recipient's wishes to get or not get
      two copies. Reply to list does not.

Please, if we are going to be re-hashing discussions, let's try to keep
them two-way by LISTENING and ADDRESSING the counter points. Otherwise,
we are back at people re-stating their positions again and again in the
hope that someone will magically budge. If that's what we are doing
here, I'm out of the discussion and you all can just do whatever you like.

Thanks,
Shachar