Meta-suggestion about conduct of discussions (was: Re: The new linux-il - a few tips to get you (re)started)

Omer Zak w1 at zak.co.il
Sat Jan 31 08:54:29 IST 2009

May I suggest that someone open a Web page, which will summarize the
main points (both pro and con) of the discussion so far?
Once such a Web page exists and is available for modifications (such as
being a Wiki), we can start enforcing the netiquette of expecting people
to say something only if they add something new to the discussion?

This reminds me of the way my DEAF-INFO Web site got started more than
10 years ago.  In a deafness related mailing list, to which I was
subscribed, the same arguments were hashed again and again in endless
arguments.  Until one day I got tired from this and summarized the main
points in a FAQ (sort of), and out of the FAQ, the Web site grew up.

If such a page already exists and I am not aware of it, simply let me
(and the entire list) know about it and I'll be glad to add a mention of
it to my .sig in future postings to Linux-IL about this subject.

--
You haven't made an impact on the world before you caused a Debian
release to be named after Snufkin.

I may be affiliated in any way.