Setting up a PBX for Israel<->US communication

Setting up a PBX for Israel<->US communication

Geoff Shang Geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Sat Jan 31 23:12:31 IST 2009

sammy ominsky wrote:

> Worse than that, asterisk will not work in an OpenVZ VE unless you have
> access to the underlying host to install the zaptel kernel modules.

Is this the case now?  I know is used to be the case that you only needed
zaptel if you were going to use a device that needed it or you needed the
timing it provided (e.g. to run a conference bridge).

I have it running on a machine running Debian Etch and it's not running
Zaptel and in fact doesn't even list it as a dependency.  Of course it is
running Asterisk 1.2.13 so this may not apply to newer versions.  Though it
also occurs to me that we're running 1.4.18.1 on a Xen'based virtual host
and, apart from the lack of MeetMe, is also running fine without Zaptel.

Geoff.