debian lenny sudden restart

Omer Zak w1 at zak.co.il
Sun Jul 19 06:38:24 IDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-07-19 at 11:15 +1000, Amos Shapira wrote:
> 1. Are you aware of ways to switch to a different virtual console
> and/or cause the X server to restart - both possible from the
> keyboard?

Those ways don't work for me when the keyboard and mouse both freeze.

> 2. There are ways to "checkpoint" long running processes to disk so
> they won't get lost on process or system crash.

I'll be interested in knowing about those ways, although I currently do
not run long-running processes (evolution and iceweasel don't really
count as such).
                                                   --- Omer

--
Linux Mint is insecure by design as it won't accept contributions (bug
reports) from Israelis who choose to defend themselves against suicide

I may be affiliated in any way.