0AD - A real-time strategy game, now in open source.

Aviv Sharon aviv.sharon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 10:15:38 IDT 2009

Hi everybody,

My name is Aviv Sharon, and I'm a 22-year-old student from Haifa and a
member of Wildfire Games, a team of volunteer game developers working on 0
A.D. - a free, 3d, historically-based real-time strategy game.

Wildfire Games has announced that it will be moving its previously closed
development process for *0 A.D.* to open source. All code will be released
under the GPL and all art under CC-BY-SA.

Releasing the content serves to attract new developers to the project. We're
looking for talented people who want to prove that open source games can be
just as good as the proprietary ones. You're all welcome to check out the
project and join.

Press release in Hebrew: http://os.wildfiregames.com/index.he.html
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJG8SHH39W4
Screenshots: http://wildfiregames.com/0ad/album_cat.php?cat_id=49