[Off topic] Engraving Hebrew on US laptop keyboard

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Tue Jun 2 12:13:52 IDT 2009

Alexander Indenbaum wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is off topic, still probably crowd here has relevant experience, so ...
>
> I'm considering bringing Sony laptop from US. My main concerns are:
> 1. Engraving Hebrew on keyboard
> 2. Service/warranty
>
> Does anyone has a pointer or recommendation about (1). How could
> provide such service in Israel?
> Does anyone has an experience servicing laptops purchased in US in
> Israel (probably by ישפאר)?
>
> ~baum

I had a Dell which was bought in France[1] (with a French azerty
keyboard). I bought the luminous keyboard stickers, which sort of did
the job (the most used keys faded to white after about three months, but
it was still better than seeing azerty). After about half a year they
keyboard broke. I took it to one of the Dell support centers, and got it
fixed under warranty without a hitch. Unlike the Israeli warranty, which
was same day, they only promised five work days, but still I did not
have to pay for the fix. Same goes several months later when the battery
and CD malfunctioned (the battery was dead, and the CD would not burn).
The batter was replaced a week before its warranty expired.

It is also worth mentioning that the keyboard was fixed by replacing it
with a new one. Needless to say, the new keyboard was a Hebrew/qwerty
keyboard, so that was another problem solved.

Shachar

[1] - http://blog.shemesh.biz/?p=517

--
Shachar Shemesh