xfone 018 phone service and Linux

e2xbegqsdyt21hfc e2xbegqsdyt21hfc at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 8 02:01:13 IST 2009

I don't know the technical details or 018.
I do know that 012 provides you with a sip adapter that is plugged between  the bezeq/hot modem and your PC/ordinary phone. It could be that that adapter reserve some BW for the sip packets. In any case, my experience is that both 750K ADSl/cables is sufficient for a good quality phone service, with a lightly usage for internet and phone. The sip adapter I initially had was made in the US. I assume they use a US proven technology. My current sip adapter is made by AudioCodes. 012 claims that the sip adapter they provide should work with any ISP. I had two ISPs, and in my case their claim is justified.
There is also a rumor that bezeq's new generation network uses sip over copper for the phone services.