Firefox 3 - random crashes

Shlomo Solomon shlomo.solomon at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 12:33:28 IST 2009

Thanks to Moshe and Dotan for their replies. Let me clarify a couple of
things.

1 - I do know about safe-mode and yes, Moshe, it does work in Linux, but that
doesn't help discover what was causing the crash.
2 - Like both of you, I also suspect an add-on, but I have a large number of
them - probably too many ;-). So the elimination process could take a long
time (disable half of them and see what happens and so on). BTW - all the
add-ons I have "claim" to be compatible and when updating Firefox, the
compatibility checker didn't flag any of them. In Firefox 2.* I had more
add-ons, but some were disabled (not compatable) and there were several
others that I decided to disable.
3 - What I really want to know is whether there's any log that could help. As
I wrote, about:crashes doesn't work in Linux (I wonder why).

--
Shlomo Solomon
http://the-solomons.net